3 Mar, 2020
COVID-19 Supply Continuity - March 2, 2020
Thank you for your continued business and support.
Scapa continually assesses potential risks to ensure its ability to provide a broad portfolio of products across multiple borders. When confronted with specific situations a dedicated team works to mitigate the potential impact to our customers and our overall business.
Specific to COVID-19, Scapa’s risk mitigation team is actively pursuing various options to ensure continuity of supply and seamless service and support.
Our current operational status within the EU and UK is as follows:
● Ashton, UK – Operating under normal business conditions.
● Chennai, India - Operating under normal business conditions.
● Ghislarengo, Italy – Operating under normal business conditions.Given the site location, leadership is in contact with local officials on a daily basis and actively monitoring the current quarantine zone.
● Renfrew, Canada – Operating under normal business conditions.
● Valence, France – Operating under normal business conditions.
● Windsor, CT – Operating under normal business conditions.
We continue to monitor our supply chain. Subject to no further disruptions, we have determined that material supply is satisfactory through March 2020 based on current levels of demand.
We are also evaluating stock movements from site to site in the event that the quarantine areas should widen within Italy and beyond.
In parallel and to further mitigate any potential risk and/or disruptions to our customers we strongly recommend that customers evaluate current inventories and demand through June 2020 and adjust accordingly.
The extent of the impact of COVID-19 is currently unknown and therefore the suggested actions are designed to reduce disruption to your business. We will continue to update you as the situation evolves. We also ask that you contact me should you have any questions about our response to the COVID-19 situation.
Again, thank you for your continued business and loyalty.
Global Commercial Director