Scapa is a leading manufacturer and supplier of self-amalgamating tape. Our products are proudly made in our Ashton, UK manufacturing facility. Scapa offers:
They can also be called: self-fusing tape, self-vulcanizing tape, self-bonding tape or centerline tape.
What is Self-Amalgamating Tape?
Self-amalgamating tapes are rubber based, extremely versatile, non-tacky materials, making them very easy to use and apply. Product characteristics and properties also relate to the type of rubber used in the construction of the tape. Scapa utilises three types of rubber in our self-amalgamating tapes – EPR (ethylene propylene), PIB (polyisobutylene) and silicone.
Applications for Self-Amalgamating Tape
Self-amalgamating tape delivers one of the most versatile insulating, waterproofing, splicing, protecting, repairing and bonding solutions available on the market. Once stretched and overlapped, the tape amalgamates with itself to deliver a highly flexible and conformable custom rubber moulding. Examples of applications where Scapa's self-amalgamating tapes are used include:
Markets for Self-Amalgamating Tape
Self-amalgamating tapes are used throughout the cable industry for the jointing and repair of power cables, the weatherproofing of mobile phone masts and general protection and repair in the automotive and construction industries, including:
Product Benefits of Self-Amalgamating Tape
Self-amalgamating tapes come with a protective liner interleave which is easy to remove and the material doesn’t snap on extended elongation. Scapa’s self-amalgamating tape range stands out from the competition as one of the easiest to work with, excellent performance and the essential addition to every toolbox. Some of the features and benefits of using Scapa self-amalgamating tapes are:
• Wide range of service temperatures
• Easily removable without residue
• Resistance to ozone, UV and water
• Compatible with most cable insulation types
• Rapid amalgamation
• Void free wrapping
• Highly stable
• Silicone variant resists grease and oil
Self-Amalgamating Tape Technical Information
There are three types of rubber used in the Scapa self-amalgamating tape range: silicone, polyisobutylene (PIB) and ethylene propylene (EPR). This helps provide the different product characteristics and properties required to deliver a suitable tape for either specialist or general purpose applications.
• Standard sizes for PIB and EPR self-amalgamating are 19mm, 25mm, 38mm, 50mm widths and 100m in 10 metre lengths. Other sizes are available on request
• Standard configuration for our silicone rubber tape is 25mm x 11m in grey. Other colours and sizes available subject to certain minimum order size requirements
• Shelf life for all Scapa self-amalgamating tapes is 5 years when stored correctly
• Operating temperatures for Scapa self-amalgamating tapes are as follows:
- PIB: -40⁰C to + 90⁰C
- EPR: -40⁰C to +100⁰C
- Silcone Rubber: -45⁰C to +200⁰C
Why Choose Scapa for Self-Amalgamating Tape?
Scapa Industrial is a global manufacturer and supplier of self-amalgamating tape, with vast experience and product expertise. Scapa understands its markets, utilises quality standards and excels at product development.
Contact Scapa Industrial for Self-Amalgamating Tape
Contact Scapa for further assistance with self-amalgamating tape.