Semi-Conductive Cable Tape
Scapa is a leading manufacturer and supplier of semi-conductive cable tapes and also offers a variant of self-amalgamating tape that is conductive. Our products are proudly made in our Ashton, UK manufacturing facility. Scapa offers:
What is Semi-Conductive Cable Tape?
Semi-conductive cable tapes are made with either a nylon, polyester or woven PET substrate coated on one or both sides with a cross-linked acrylic semi-conductive compound. These tapes help to equalise the field current around the power conductor or core, and ensure electrical contact with the earthing system. This reduces the electrical stress on the insulation material and enhances performance. They can also be used to prevent electrolytic corrosion of metallic armour layers in high voltage cables.
Applications for Semi-Conductive Cable Tape
Semi-conductive cable tapes are used for many bedding, binding, separating, jointing and identification applications in heavy duty power, multi-core and communication cables. Examples of applications where Scapa's semi-conductive cable tapes are used include:
Markets for Semi-Conductive Cable Tape
Semi-conductive cable tapes are used throughout the power industry in medium to extra high voltage cables, including:
Product Benefits of Semi-Conductive Cable Tape
Semi-conductive cable tape offer many physical and electrical properties for a wide variety of cable manufacturing applications. Some of the features and benefits of using Scapa semi-conductive cable wrapping tapes are:
• High abrasion resistance
• Excellent fire performance
• High speed application
• High electrical conductance
• Reduced slippage
• Very conformable
• Good long-term temperature stability
Semi-Conductive Cable Tape Technical Information
Semi-conductive cable tape from Scapa comes in a wide variety of materials, widths, lengths, and thicknesses. Technical details include the following:
• Scapa uses a variety of materials as a basis for product development to deliver the performance required by our customers. We use variants of nylon, polyester, woven glass, hessian and cotton in current products but are always on the lookout for new and innovative materials to enhance product performance and match the demands of new customer designs
• Cable wrapping tapes are delivered in pads or long length spools. Almost any tape width is available in varying inner core diameters of 76mm, 102mm, 127mm, 152mm and 200mm
• Maximum outer diameter is product dependent but can be up to 1 metre
• Joints of a suitable technical standard may be included for some lengths but will be kept to a minimum. Joints used can be heat sealed, butt or overlap
Why Choose Scapa for Semi-Conductive Cable Tape?
Scapa Industrial is a global manufacturer and supplier of semi-conductive cable tape, with vast experience and product expertise. Scapa understands its markets, utilises quality standards and excels at product development.
Contact Scapa Industrial for Semi-Conductive Cable Tape
Contact Scapa for further assistance with semi-conductive cable tape.